Monday, August 26, 2013

Here I am in GLADSTONE!

Dearest family and friends! hello!

I am emailing from my new area, Gladstone 1. I dont have long! So heres what happened: On saturday i get a call from the ASSISTANTS. Calling me to tell me i was getting transferred to the North! So the ABM covers all of Queensland state in Australia, and Gladstone is in the very north of Queensland. So i caught an hour long flight (by myself) up to my second area in Australia and here i am!

I havent gotten to work yet here in Gladstone but i can tell its gonna be amazing! Its just a small branch apparently and everyone is so nice. It is like the country and its and industrial city. We have a senior couple that takes care of us because we are....an hour flight away from the rest of the mission! 

And my companion.....ah she is so cute! Her name is Sister Kyaw (jaw) and she is from Burma! She is 27 and so adorable and humble. i am so excited to get to work with her here in Gladstone. And we get to do language study:)  Also we are on bikes.....and only bikes! No more driving for me! (praise the heavens for that! :) Sister Wulfenstein from my MTC intake is here with her comp Sister Watson and we are all in the same apartment. And its just us here up north! No district meetings, zone meetings.....all quiet on the western front :) well, northern. 

I am so happy to be here. It seems every transfer i am just packing my bags to get on a plane all by my lonesome! I was sad to leave Cherilee and worried how she would take it but she took it well. I didnt get to see the Virtue family before i left. Or Candy but its okay. I loved Sister Cocker so much and will miss her! But i am so excited to be here in Gladstone. I will most likely be up here for about six months or more because of the expense of flying missionaries to their areas. So cool!

The Park Ridge ward was the bomb. I loved eating with the Tongans :) And the members were all so lovely. It reminded me a lot of Pioneer Park ward because it was about the same size. I am excited now to work in a little branch :) i feel so lucky and blessed. 

How amazing is our Heavenly Father. "Ponder anew, what the Almighty can do." I love that line in the hymn, "Praise to the Lord  Almighty" He is our Father and the King of infinite space and everlasting time...yet we mean everything to Him. On my mission something i have learned is that i am so....weak! There is so little that i can do alone. But my Heavenly Father is almighty! And he is the one who listens to every prayer we say. So why should we worry? We know who we have trusted. :)

I love you all so much. I feel like i am in a new mission because we are so far away from everything else! Its so cool to be here up North. I love you all! The hymn i have loved this week is appropriately, "Ill go where you want me to go." I love the line "Perhaps today there are loving words which Jesus would have me speak,.....there may be somewhere in the paths of sin, some wanderer whom i should seek." It is so important to leave the 99 to find the one. I really know that every person we meet means everything to God :) I love you all!!

much love,
Sister Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment