Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hellooooo!!! I survived the ladder!!

Hello family! So yes i am emailing late because we had p-day on Thursday this week. If you want to throw a missionary off their schedule, change their P-day! haha but its all good because, WE GOT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE :) now usually Ballina and Lismore areas are too far to make the transferly temple trip but we had interviews this week with president and sister Henderson and they determined Sister Stanton and I could use a trip to the temple, so we got to go :) YAY:) i saw the new new video, it was amazing!!! Sister Stanton and i just did not want to leave the celestial room because the peace we feel there is so hard to describe. I really felt the Holy Ghost comforting me so much in the house of the Lord. I love temples. 

SO this week we had some exciting things happen!! So Sister Stanton and I have kind of been facing a lot of adversity here in Ballina and its been a little hard, both of us struggling with different things and with finding people to teach and actually getting to teach them, etc. But on Monday we had interviews with President and it was soooo amazing, he told me how much Heavenly Father loves me and is refining me and to keep my chin up. I dont remember all that he said and we talked about, but after my interview i felt this little glimmer that everything would be okay. And it has been! That night we were going to follow up with a potential, and we knocked and no answer. Knock knock knock...got in the car to drive home....then my comp is like, can we try one more time? (after we drive around the block) sure! then she answers the door and invites us in and we teach a lesson and her and her daughter are new investigators. Yay!!  Small miracle but it was like manna to us:)

Also the other day we were driving and thought, lets go check on Donna, whom we hadnt seen in a while. She was home (miracle!) and she told us how her auntie and nephew just died and we were able to teach and testify of the plan of Salvation and leave her uplifting scriptures to read from the Book of Mormon. She was so excited to read that night. Miracle!!

And then the next day we locked ourselves out of our flat. and we call the rental people and they have no spare key. (not a miracle.) so we call bishop and ask for a ladder. He is too far away to come to our aid. So his daughter and his daughters mother in law come and bring us a ladder so we can crawl in our open window...but we kind of live on a second story. so i climb to the tippy top of the ladder, tip out the screen and sister stanton climbs up some of the ladder and i step on her shoulder and hoist myself up about two feet of  the wall and into the window...miracle, we didnt die! But i do have some gnarly bruises across my fore arms. Who knew window seals were painful. Sarah Young, our bishops daughter that came to help us, her mother in law asked me where i was from after this excursion. I said Utah. She said, "wow, i never thought those utah girls were good for anything!" (impressed with my climbing skills) to which sister Stanton replied, "Yeah but her dads in the military." hahaha...that explains it.....

Im so glad we got to go to the temple. It was amazing. Im so thankful for the house of the Lord. This past little while I have been tested and many people have tried to shake what i believe in. But thats okay. Because we all have a choice. This is what i believe, what i have  chosen, and i know that its true. And the Holy Ghost has born witness to me that this message, everything that we share is true. That "this is the way, and there is none other way by which salvation cometh..." How great is the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth. Even if people dont listen, im thankful that i have been given the opportunity to bear witness of the truth. No effort is wasted in preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ!!

Oh and i havent seen conference yet but it sounds amazing. We will see it this weekend. I love conference. I know that life is hard and missionary work is hard sometimes but all will be well...fear not though enemy deride :) courage, for the Lord is on our side! Family i love you all so much. Thank goodness families can be together forever!!!

Also the womens meeting was AMAZING :) loved it. And we also got to see Carly this week and there was music playing when we went to teach her and i was trying to figure out how we could have a spiritual environment and then the spirit said, sing for her. So we sang "My heavenly Father loves me" and Sister Stanton played the guitar. We had been practicing that song for our less active friend Noel and we were also able to sing for him too, he is so cool!! 

love love,
Sister Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment