Monday, March 31, 2014

Hello Family!!!

Well hello hello! Sounds like you had lots of fun in provo family!!! thats awesome scott, your designs look great. And i didnt even know that it was possible to rent a canoe. How cool!!
J and S canoeing on the Provo River

So this week was probably one of the more challenging weeks in my mission, for lots of reasons. We have been facing some adversity with just the work in general, finding lots and lots. I am fighting just general tiredness that seems to be more pertinent that usual. But all is well.  Its amazing to be opening an area because ive never been challenged this much in my mission. Missionary work has always been pretty natural for me with talking to everyone and teaching and stuff, and of course there have been hard moments, but those hard moments have oftentimes been swallowed up in joy and success. Which im sure is what will happen in the future!

But until that point, Sister Stanton and I will carry on carry on carry on! This week we were able to teach a few lessons and we are excited about one of our investigators, she is the daughter of a referral from our Bishop's wife. She is slowly progressing and we love teaching her. Also this week we were able to do some sneaky heart attacking of the members. We have this thing which we call "awkward hour" because we usually eat dinner at 8, so it gets dark at 7, we dont have many appointments yet and we dont usually go door knocking when its pitch black outside. (I used to go in my first area...Never again. Haha)  So during awkward hour or awkward half hour we go and heart attack people! Oh funny story so we are going to heart attack one of the three active families in Ballina and were being all sneaky sneaky walking up the side of their house when we see him just staring at us out the window....haha, we just ran away laughing! But we got them back the next night and they didnt catch us. 

The members here in the Lismore ward are just great. We love visiting them, and i feel a closeness to the members here more than in my other areas. I look up to them and they are all so amazing. They always ask how were doing in Ballina and are just great. I love the members here so much! 

We were door knocking this week on Benntinck street and found two really cool potentials. One man we were talking too told us how he was a rescue worker and had pulled so many injured or dead people or kids out of accidents that it was hard to believe that there was a God. Another lady we talked too said that she used to believe in God and then both her husbands died of cancer. We meet people like this every day, who have seen so much or been through so much that they question the existence and belief that we have a Father in Heaven who loves us. I feel for these people. I think all of us have looked at the suffering of others or of ourselves and have silently asked, why? I know i have at times, but i have realized that i dont know the meaning of all things and if i do know anything its that God loves me. But as i have thought and studied i have realized that the answer is not complicated. It simple. In PMG it says under "God is our Loving Heavenly Father "...."He loves us. He weeps with us when we suffer and rejoices when we do what is right...He has given us this experience on earth so we can learn and grow." This life is the test. I know that when i walk through hard roads, i need to believe in God to make it, to endure. I love in President Monsons last talk how he says "we truly need Him every hour, whether they be hours of sunshine or hours of rain." 

This week i have had the chance to come closer to my Savior Jesus Christ. This week, because of all that has happened, my testimony has grown at what a weak and simple servant i am, so full of imperfection. Its really quite amazing how our Heavenly Father trusts the preaching of his gospel to a 20 year old girl. But he is patient with us, thank goodness. I love this work. I love the Lord. "My voice shall forever ascend up to thee..."

Much love,
Sister Schälling (this computer can do the umlaut i discovered :)

No comments:

Post a Comment