Monday, December 16, 2013

Howwwwddyy

Hello family! So i forgot my planner this week so its gonna take Divine Intervention to give you a summary of the events! Sounds like the Schaelling Christmas party was lovely and Jenna danced the night aways! wonderful!
 
Monday we walked for everrrrr to find a family that was home to teach and they were all gone. Sad. Tuesday we...used the car to go less active hunting! They're everywhere let me tell ya! Good grief, it was so good to visit the lost sheep. With air conditioning and blasting music :) yay! Less actives used to be so sad for me when i would visit them but now i just looovee it!
 
Wednesday i hit up the hospital!! Dont worry all is well.  I was just having pains in my chest and heart but in the words of my Iranian doctor: "Dont worry, your not having a heart attack. That feels like and elephant sits on our chest, and hes not gonna get off!" haha. apparently it was all stress related....who needs stress anyway? Good grief! So we took it easy the rest of the day and back to work on thursday and i am healthy as a horse :)
 
So a lesson i really liked this week was one the Spirit taught me whilst we were teaching our RC Phillip about the Atonement. His life is full of difficulty just like everyone elses, he is so kind and soft and humble but called to pass throught much trial. As i read from Isaiah 53, "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows.." the spirit testified to me and him that the Savior has lifted us all from pain and from death. And while we labor in his name and suffer on this earth He walks beside us, we can speak with God all the day long and we will be relieved of pain. He will carry our sorrows. I know that is true.
 
I am grateful for the Saviors great atoning sacrifice. How small my labor is, how little i can repay him for what he did for all of us. I know He lives....i stand all amazed. How sweet the joy, this sentence gives, i know that my Redeemer lives. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me!
 
This week we also set two baptism dates with Brianna and Keera, children of a less active we tracted into. Miracle, they are lovely. Before we found them Brianna was asking her mom if she could please get baptized, but they didnt even know where the church was. Then while we were walking down the road their little dog came out and we played with it and they met us. Heavenly Father knows all his sheep, and they are numbered.  How great is His joy in the soul that repenteth :)
 
Family i love you all! I know the Atonement is real, and though we pass through dark valleys we can hold to the word of God and trust in Him who is mighty to save :)

Much love
Sister Schaelling

No comments:

Post a Comment